[Wine] Re: Winevdm launchs a second, unwanted black window.

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 15 08:58:42 CDT 2011

Capivara wrote:

> thank you for your answer. Yes, I think I downloaded the pre-compiled binary package, the one you have to install by entering the following cpmmands: ./configure, make, make install.

That's not a precompiled binary. That's a source package, and you built Wine yourself. A precompiled binary would be installed through your package manager.

> But, now that you mention it, the truth is that I entered those commands (make, make install, etc) with sudo. Otherwise they did not work.

Make install has to be run as sudo, but make shouldn't be, and if you couldn't run make as a normal user, something is wrong with your permissions.