[Wine] Problem: Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction on Ubuntu 10.10

StormcrowofRohan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 15 11:20:00 CDT 2011

I'm not really sure what all information I should include with my question.  But, I've installed both the original Diablo II and its expansion onto a virtual drive provided by Wine.  When I choose to run Diablo II the emulated window is a blue color, and in the top left of the screen there is a small black box which cycles through letters and symbols.  Finally after a few seconds the window freezes and I have to force the program to shut down.

Could anyone give me some ideas as to what could be my issue(s) here?

If there's any way I can retrieve the info for you via the console or any other means please let me know.