[Wine] Audio within wine

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:25:01 CDT 2011

hi jtorres,

> I was checking out Reaper thru wine and it seems like when I have the screen open the audio breaks up really bad.  When I minimize the screen the audio plays just great!  Is there any other settings I need to check?  I am using the Alsa driver and hardware is set to Emulation.

If you plan on using reaper, You should do as most linux reaper users
do - install jack-audio-connection-kit and also WineASIO.
then you can use the ASIO driver, which is better than using ALSA. in
wine. Jack/wineASIO will give you better performance,
and you will be able to use the app at lower latencies (smaller frames).

jordan