[Wine] Wine' s Faces - release version 0.2

Emerson Esteves enssso at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:05:34 CDT 2011

Hi! All..

I released version 0.2 of the wine's faces. These are the most
important changes:
- Automatic search version of wine if not have a default
- Several improvements in window creation of menu items for
environment, for. exe does not have. lnk, i.e. winemenubuilder not
generate menu item for this .exe.
- Inclusion of dependence on stable wine distribution (Kubuntu and
*ubuntu) for installing wine's faces
- Creation of specific functions to deal with configuration files
- Automatic download of last winetricks from http://winetricks.org/winetricks
- Execution of winetricks with the version of wine chosen for the environment
- Correction a lot of bugs

TODO:
- Create package .deb
- Usage environments wine shared with other users (with the wineuser)
along with user environments (in the user's home).

Download from https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-AgVnp2ob-BYzZlZWY5OGUtY2Q5NS00NTk4LWFjMmItZTM4YWUzN2NiYWVi&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

Video with changes in wine menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsAjpR_XVxQ

Now, link is correct  : )

DanKegel

I would like to clarify details about security in the wine's faces
about what you said, in another e-mail

(...)
Also, the multiuser wineprefix stuff probably isn't safe.
(...)

For multi-user mode I used in the wine's faces as follows:

- user to run and install programs (that run under wine) usually call
wineuser. This user has a home directory in the following structure:

/ home / wineuser / winesfaces / environment 1
                                                 environment 2
                                                 environment 3
                                                 winesfaces scripts
                                                 winetricks script

- to run a program already installed on environments for example do
the following:

      > Execute winecfg
kdesudo -u wineuser -c "env
WINEPREFIX='/home/wineuser/winesfaces/environment 1'
/usr/local/wine/1.3.14/bin/wine winecfg"

      > Execute winetricks
kdesudo -u wineuser -c "env
WINEPREFIX='/home/wineuser/winesfaces/environment 3'
PATH='/usr/local/wine/1.3.14/bin/:(other paths)'
/home/wineuser/winesfaces/winetricks"

      > Execute WinRAR
kdesudo -u wineuser -c "env
WINEPREFIX="/home/wineuser/winesfaces/environment 4"
/usr/local/wine/1.2.2/bin/wine "C:\windows\command\start.exe" "/Unix"
"/home/wineuser/winesfaces/environment
4/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Menu
Iniciar/Programas/WinRAR/WinRAR.lnk""

    > use 'sudo' to run the programs with wineuser. Sudo was
previously configured to do so only the group of wine users has access
to wineuser (this configuration is done automatically by Wine's
Faces). This a structure of sudo, I simply use it. I think that sudo
is safe. My first idea was to share the installation of a program with
multiple users on the same desktop.

    > the use of sudo have a nasty effect directly: only save
documents in msoffice, for example, at home wineuser. After that, I
have to copy the file to my home, on the other hand my home is not
affected by the programs that run on wine. Therefore thought to have
instaled programs in environment for my user and the wineuser at the
same time (TODO item).

    > in case of Need For Speed ​​works well because the savings could
be at home wineuser