[Wine] Re: Performance Issues with Games in Wine (EVE Online, TF2)

3246251196 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 17 19:02:31 CDT 2011

Just to add to this: I have a very similar issue with Anarchy Online.

8800GTS,
e6750c2d
4Gb RAM

I notice that through WINE, AO plays with acceptable-ish FPS 22-30. Sometimes it goes upto 40 in some areas.

1. I have noticed that decreasing GUI clutter on the screen gives me more FPS

2. I use 100% View Distance - when there is far to look on the screen, FPS drops.

But, why? If it is simply because of the fact that this is the best the WINE can do, then I am happy. But, if I am missing something obvious myself, and probably the OP would like to know.

3. I have installed nVidia drivers - latest. Confirmed that I am using them also.

Like I say, AO is playable, but I do see lesser performance in general.