[Wine] Re: Making Wine Firefox the default browser

rstravis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 17 23:42:31 CDT 2011

I agree -- normally I want the default browser to be native.  But I'm not against switching it for an hour or so to enter my grades each weekend, and then putting it back.  But unfortunately, I have tried having Wine's Firefox set itself as the default browser, but as soon as I ran GradeQuick, it opened up a Linux browser again.

I'm trying to play around with the registry right now, but I'm not finding any reference to winebrowser.    I'm determined to find a way to make it work, but I'm running out of ideas.  Short of buying a whole new Windows copy to install in VirtualBox (which I'm not about to do -- my originally copy from my laptop won't install in VB), I don't know how else to make it work.  But there must be a way.