[Wine] Is it possible to run explorer.exe under wine?

JimboJones wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 18 08:39:37 CDT 2011

I'm intending to use wine on my Macbook Pro and am currently downloading the requisite materials, based on a tutorial on how to use wine for Mac. So I'm getting xcode and Macports package installer and from there I will install.

Anyway, the tutorial also gives the basics of wine usage via terminal for executing windows files and while it's not particularly difficult it occurs to me that if I can get explorer.exe to run under wine I could use it as a GUI for navigating my windows directory and program files directory and double click files and execute them just the same as if I was running windows. I suppose the flaw in this plan assuming it works how I think it does is that I'll still have to use terminal in order to navigate to and execute explorer.exe but I could potentially automate this so that choosing and running a windows program will just be a matter of executing a script that opens explorer and then I can do the rest just by gui.

Does it work like this or am I missing something?