[Wine] wow graphics and resolution problems

robinsonbond007j wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 20 05:33:37 CDT 2011

I just recently just started using Ubuntu 10.10 again after giving up on windows. The problems I'm having at the moment are with World of Warcraft. I have it playing in open GL and I have the latest graphics driver that Ubuntu offers for my Nvidia GeForce GTS 250. When I play Wow it loads at a resolution that is far beyond my screen. The resolution is 3860x1080 or something close to that. I don't have any other options given to me besides that. I also can't turn up my graphics in wow besides to the lowest values, but my FPS are in the 90's and I know I can turn my graphics to max and it still run fine. I've tried searching the past couple hours and it doesn't seem like anybody has had this problem besides me in these forums. There is a new version of the driver available by nvidia, but the one Ubuntu offers is the outdated one. I'm just trying to figure out how I can get the resolution to what I need and to actually adjust my graphics in wow. I'm not computer retarded just linux retarded lol.