[Wine] Re: Performance Issues with Games in Wine (EVE Online, TF2)

3246251196 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 20 07:32:12 CDT 2011

I would not upgrade without some numbers thrown at me or with evidence that, in a similar situation, an upgrade has improved performance.

If it is WINE doing the conversion and this has nothing to do with GPU then that seems like a bottleneck...

The upgrade wouldn't be the latest video card. However, from the 8800GTS I have I would upgrade to probably the 400 series... For instance:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-144-OK&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1863

Not necessarily that one, but that would be along the lines.

Basically, if this will get me another 15-20 FPS out of AOnline then I would buy it.