[Wine] Re: Bootstrapping mingw GCC with wine on linux

rubenvb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 20 09:14:52 CDT 2011

DanKegel wrote:
> Try it and see.
>
> You can't build a gcc toolchain in wine that targets linux because
> some of the source files are identical except for case.
> That's unlikely to be a problem when building a mingw toolchain.

How would I go about this? I'd need the GCC build to use wine to run the produced tools, but still have access to all Bash tools. I know that to execute a win32 executable, I need to do: "wine some_executable.exe". How do I tell GCC to do that?

Or is there some hybrid wine/bash shell that can run win32 executables without extra arguments?

Thanks