[Wine] Re: LogParser.exe

StrangeWill wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 20 11:22:20 CDT 2011

vitamin wrote:

> StrangeWill wrote:
> > I was looking to migrate our Log Parsing setup to Linux
>
> What exactly are you trying to do? What logs are you parsing? From where? How are they being transferred? Using what software?

Windows event logs, querying remotely from Linux, ended up writing a Java application using WMI, but it's too slow (WMI is, not Java...), so I'm still kind of dead in the water, and looking at Windows RPC API implementations and WINE again.  :?

StrangeWill wrote:
> fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation (0x00000032,0x32fad8,0x00000004,(nil)) stub

0x00000032 is SystemRangeStartInformation? that's something really undocumented...[/quote]
Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how LogPaser accesses the log files, hopefully it isn't trying to do it through RPC, or any attempts at a custom coded application on WINE is also going to be in vein.