[Wine] Wine Office saving files with 700 Permissions

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:41:05 CDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM, oiaohm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Have you tested what a normal gedit/kwrite native does.
>
> This could be normal effect of umask.  Wine does obey what the Linux platform tells it to do.
>
> Wine normally stays well clear of permission operations.

I think it is an effect of what Office does to write a file. Remember
in Word and Excel when you write a file the following happens:

1.Office creates a new file
2. then deletes the old
3. then renames the new file to the old

and after this rename the windows operating system detects this
pattern and assigns the permissions and acl of the old file to the new
file. Linux has no such odd file behavior so in the case of samba they
had to emulate this. I am not sure what wine does.