[Wine] Re: Wine Office saving files with 700 Permissions

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 20 18:18:46 CDT 2011

John Drescher.  Wine has samba developers who help out.   So that MS office bug does not happen.

If you notice the issue was not with altering existing documents.

New file creates obey umask.  Of course this is one of the issues I have to take a serous light to as well.  Technically you really should not be directly creating new files in shared locations.  Also why are the files 755.  644 is more than good enough for most cases for doc and excel files.   755 is for executable and directories.

I know DAC is weak but basic secuirty right helps.