[Wine] Re: API-MS-Win-Security-Base-L1-1-0.dll Failed To Initialize

StrangeWill wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 21 09:32:15 CDT 2011

Pavel Troller wrote:
> Hi!
> Do you see the line saying "Application tried to create a window" ?
> So, it's not a console application, when it tried to create a window. It cannot
> be run on a system without proper X server setup (of course it can be remote,
> but the app requires it). Another line saying "Could not create tray window"
> just seconds, what has been said.

Yeah, but if I run it in "wineconsole cmd" it doesn't complain about trying to open a window when I run the application. Is this just the nature of C console applications compiled in Windows? I guess it's because the application wants to open a command window and run the application in it, correct?

Code:

Z:\EventLog>EventLogViewer.exe
err:module:attach_process_dlls "API-MS-Win-Security-Base-L1-1-0.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
                                                                                                   err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\EventLog\\EventLogViewer.exe" failed, status c0000142

Pavel Troller wrote:

> Another point, already answered by oiaohm, is, that you probably don't need
> event log viewer on Linux using wine.
>

> With regards, Pavel

Well it's an application I wrote to pull Windows Event Logs to a centralized server... so I kind of need it. ;) We're doing it in Java with WMI right now but there are some barriers in terms of performance, and we'd like to keep it agentless if at all possible (though we're looking into plugging into NSClient++ anyway).