[Wine] Re: possibly an inter-process comm problem

cnbiz850 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 23 21:29:45 CDT 2011

dimesio wrote:

> No, and you've already been told what was missing from the crash log you posted.
>
> Many distros put debugging symbols in a separate package; check the repository. If your distro doesn't provide one, build Wine from source.

Thanks very much for the advice.  I think I understand now.  It is the wine1.3-dbg package, isn't it?  Ubuntu's built has that, but since I was running this app from a separate Wine install (assisted by PlayOnLinux), I am not sure how to get it integrated or whether PlayOnLinux installed it.  Will check out.

Regarding your point about what was missing from the crash log, can you further explain what it already told me?  Guess my inexperienced eyes can't see.