[Wine] Re: New to Wine, Help me please

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 24 14:56:02 CDT 2011

yashas wrote:

> Ya, this task is given to test me the wine skills, I have started to learn 2days back. Itz getting hard to understand within 1 or 2 days the complete wine. but the task should be done within 1week. Im good at C in linux and havent done wine anytime.
> They have given the task of opening the ie7 and give the link as http://google.com/chrome. So the browser a white button for "Install Chrome"
>
> Help me please

so your supposed to be working on Wine code... to help make Wine work better.  So they gave you something that doesn't work, so you can go in and fix Wine source code and you make it work... I'm not sure anyone here can help you with that, sounds like you need to figure out the source and why its not working and fix it and compile up your own version of Wine that works.

I fear you may be way over your head if you want to work on Wine and your asking these types of questions... and you only have such a limited time.  Wine is very complicated and takes MUCH more than a week to get in and figure out.