[Wine] Tring to Build Wine from Source on OS X

JimGross wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 25 01:26:42 CDT 2011

So I'm attempting to build Wine from the the source files in the Git repository.  After running ./configure I took note of the dependencies that were missing and went about trying to download, build and install them.  I then re-ran ./configure and it still couldn't find any of the libraries I had just downloaded.  My initial thought was that Macports was building the libraries as 64-bit.  I changed the settings to build 32-bit/64-bit universal binaries, and then uninstalled and reinstalled all the ports.  No change.  I then moved over to Fink, thinking perhaps there was a problem with Macports, checking first that Fink defaults to building 32-bit binaries.  Still no change.  I donwloaded the source files for libjpeg off the net (not through Macports or Fink), and ran ./configure, make CFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="-m32", make build, and make install clean.  This also didn't work.  I freely admit that I'm at the bleeding edge of my apptitude (the compilier flags are probably well beyond, I simply copied what I thought was the appropriate commands after some Googling).  Any help on what steps I'm missing/executing incorrectly would be greatly appreciated.

-JG