[Wine] GTA IV crashes at start

julianibus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 25 14:09:51 CDT 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to get GTA IV working with wine.
I used this POL-script:
http://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-3369-1.html
The game installed fine. After that I added xlive.dll from xliveless to the game directory . I downloaded and installed razor 1911 crack.
Ok, and now:
After the razor logo the game crashes with the following wine output:

> julian at julian-desktop:~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/GTAIV/drive_c/Program Files/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto IV$ WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/GTAIV wine LaunchGTAIV.exe.crack -safemode
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x91f86c,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA NVidia, disabling mixer
> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find '{PCM,Line} Playback Volume' element
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA NVidia, disabling mixer
> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find '{PCM,Line} Playback Volume' element
> fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x14c738,0x14c658): stub
> err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!
> julian at julian-desktop:~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/GTAIV/drive_c/Program Files/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto IV$ fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100

I can't identify the problem and I don't know what this crash is caused of.
I'd really like to play this game after I switched to linux.
So if you can help me, please do!
Thank You! :)

julianibus