[Wine] Re: How to recompile Wine on ARM

jim11 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 27 10:58:53 CDT 2011

KenSharp, take this for what it is worth but I'm using the Sourcery G++ Lite 2008q3-72 found here http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/arm/portal/subscription3057 and have had success with it in the past for projects on the arm.  That being said even if you install and use this cross compiler you're going to run into the problems I'm having with the acledit dll.  The only upside is that the problems I'm running into on my x86 box that I use for cross compiling, I also run when I try to compile natively on the arm device.

The full error is:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/****/ARM_Wine/wineForArm/dlls/acledit'
/home/****/wine-git/wine-tools/tools/winegcc/winegcc -b arm-linux-gnueabi  -B/home/****/wine-git/wine-tools/tools/winebuild --sysroot=../.. -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared ../../../dlls/acledit/acledit.spec main.o         -o acledit.dll.so    ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a  -mcpu=arm7tdmi
winebuild: arm-linux-gnueabi-as failed with status 1
winegcc: /home/****/wine-git/wine-tools/tools/winebuild/winebuild failed
make[1]: *** [acledit.dll.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/****/ARM_Wine/wineForArm/dlls/acledit'
make: *** [dlls/acledit] Error 2

Andre as to your suggestion about whether the device supports "thumb," I assumed you were talking about gthumb which I downloaded to the native device and then tried to recompile wine which ended up being a no go. (But we may be talking about two different things, so if you would please clarify exactly what you're referring to as "thumb")  One of my colleagues suggested that the error might actually be between my gcc and winegcc, because one maybe compiling in a different format that the assembler cannot understand, but I haven't tested this yet.  Again thanks for your help!