[Wine] Re: Nikon software - Photographer

checoimg wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 28 14:02:51 CDT 2011

vitamin wrote:

> checoimg wrote:
> > Hi guys, I'm a photographer and I want to use the software that my camera manufacturer makes.
>
> In most cases they won't work. Wine does not support any hardware drivers. And they are required to communicate to any USB device on Windows.
>
> You should still be able to use this software for file format conversion, etc.

Thank you for your response Vitamin. :)
Could Wine be able to do drivers with some work?
I actually have View NX 2 installed and Capture NX 2 Trial doesn't install. I would put all my effort for this to happen. Maybe I just need someone to point out more details like.

I appreciate and thank you for your time.