[Wine] Wine ignores settings

mrhat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 28 14:24:50 CDT 2011

Hey guys,

got a little problem here with wine.

Wine seems to ignore the settings for specific applications and always uses the global settings.

For example, when I set up app xyz.exe to be started with an emulated desktop, it doesnt work. But when I activate emulated desktop in global settings, it works - but now of course ALL the apps are run with emulated desktops, which doesnt come in very handy.

The funny thing is, that this bug (?) seems to affect only the graphical settings, audio-settings and overriding libraries seems to work perfectly for the different applications.

What do I do wrong?

thx