[Wine] Re: Homefront dedicated Server

deerwin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 30 04:36:07 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm not yet there to start the dedicated server, but at least I got the Homefront dedicated frontend window working.

So far I'm running on Debian Squeeze using wine 1.3.18 (installed from http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/ ). I also downloaded winetricks and installed the VC 2008 redist and some other libraries it seemed were necessary. I'm running everything on a remote headless machine (actually a vserver) and I'm using the vncserver package which provides a built in X-server to handle the graphics.

This is how the frontend should look:
[Image: http://my-serve.rs/tmp/homefront_dedicated_w7.png ]

And this is how it looks:
[Image: http://my-serve.rs/tmp/homefront_dedicated_wine.png ]

Some text is hardly readable, checkboxes are completely missing.

Is there something obvious I can do to fix this? I couldn't find any solution yet.

thanks