[Wine] Installation error Macbook pro

gbeekman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 4 17:20:56 CDT 2011

Hi...Frustrated!!  I have been trying to install via the directions on
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Building

I am trying to install with "minimum fuss"  I am using a macbook pro with Jaguar 10.5.8, xcode 3.1 and quartz x11.

Downloads and configures fine, but when I "make" It ends with the following

x11drv_main.c: In function ‘process_attach’:
x11drv_main.c:527: error: ‘SONAME_LIBX11’ undeclared (first use in this function)
x11drv_main.c:527: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
x11drv_main.c:527: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [x11drv_main.o] Error 1
make: *** [dlls/winex11.drv] Error 2

I have seen something about needing to direct to the library files, but have not succeeded in figuring out how...any one that can help?

Gerry