[Wine] Unexpected folder structure in Wine 1.2.2 (Linuxmint 11)

GH68 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 5 15:11:12 CDT 2011

I am trying out Linuxmint 11 and downloaded Wine 1.2.2 from the repository. I have installed a few applications in Wine and to my surprise my previous start-up scripts (which I for different reasons use) don't work. It was easy to find the explanation, but it was even more of a surprise to me: it turned out that on the C: wine drive instead of "Program files" the directory "Program" has been created. All applications have now been installed in "Program". Has anyone experienced this besides me? What is the best way to deal with this (if it matters at all), should I rename this folder or should I just update my scripts? I suppose that if I rename there is a risk that some file references within my already installed applications may fail, but on the other hand it is inconvenient to have a non-standard setup, e.g. if I download a script from someone else. I'm happy for any input!