[Wine] Re: Wine aborts setup.exe for weird reason: Need a FIX

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 5 16:13:18 CDT 2011

Rising Eagle wrote:

> the installation process is not changed in any way by the USB patches.

We don't know that. You need to verify that the problem isn't caused by the unapproved patches. Since there is no free demo for this app, you are the only one who can do that.

> If you still believe I must revert to stable to find an answer

Not stable; you need to test the latest development release. The best way to test would be to build plain Wine yourself and run it from the build directory (don't install it). The other way is to simply uninstall the patched package you're using now, then install the official Ubuntu Wine 1.3 package and test your app in it. You can easily uninstall the regular package and reinstall the patched version after you're done testing.