[Wine] Age of Wonders access violation upon start and crashes

penyuan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 5 16:23:40 CDT 2011

Hello,
I am Wine 1.3.25 installed in Mac OS X 10.6.8 via Macports 2.0.1. With it I have been able to install Age of Wonders 1.36 downloaded from GoG.com.
However:

1. The Settings configuration program gives an access violation and crashes.

2. If I start the game itself, I would hear the game's music very briefly, then it would fall silent. And at about the same time I would get an access violation error and the game would either freeze or crash.

BTW, I read in AppDB that I have to set the game to skip the intro video, which I already did. Didn't help.

Anyone one with experience like this that can help?
Thanks.