[Wine] F15 / Wine / StarCraft2 / libjpeg8 not found.

stephenh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 6 07:57:41 CDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using Fedora 15 and trying to use Wine to install Star Craft 2.

I'm seeing the following error when attempting to run the Installer:
err:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading JPEG because unable to find libjpeg.so.8

I've installed all the libjpeg packages I thought might be required:
Installed Packages
libjpeg-turbo.i686 1.1.1-1.fc15
libjpeg-turbo.x86_64 1.1.1-1.fc15
libjpeg-turbo-devel.i686 1.1.1-1.fc15
libjpeg-turbo-devel.x86_64 1.1.1-1.fc15
openjpeg-libs.x86_64 1.4-6.fc15

But this still fails. Even thought perhaps I could cheat and create a symlink to libjpeg.so.8, but then got this message (which was expected realy):
err:jpeg:error_exit_fn Wrong JPEG library version: library is 62, caller expects 80

Any tips or pointers would be great as I'm struggling to get this onto my system.

Thanks,
Stephen