[Wine] Re: Unexpected folder structure in Wine 1.2.2 (Linuxmint 11)

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 6 17:00:24 CDT 2011

GH68 wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, dimesio. When I create a new wineprefix, the directory "Program" is created instead of "Program Files". After some more investigations I have found that the application install directory is determined by a setting in regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> SessionManager -> Environment -> ProgramFiles. In my setup, this key has the value Program.

That key doesn't exist in any of the wineprefixes on my system, and the Program Files directory was correctly created in all of them. This is on openSUSE, with the distro packages.

> The Linuxmint distro is based on Ubuntu and the Wine package actually comes from the Ubuntu 11.04 distro. Unless the distro tampers with it somehow during the installation it seems very odd that I seem to be the only one being bothered about this issue considering the size of Ubuntu?

Are you using an actual Ubuntu package, or does Mint repackage it?

One thing I do notice is the package you're using is very old; it's not even the newest stable release. Try upgrading to the latest development release (1.3.26) and see if you have the same problem.