[Wine] Re: Champion's Online

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 7 09:02:43 CDT 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On 8/7/11 5:21 AM, dimesio wrote:
>
> > BakaAkuma wrote:
> >
> > > [Embarassed] another few question's. What is the last version of wine, where can I get the latest version that is safe and is free
> > >
> > http://www.winehq.org/download/
> >

> > > and also will the latest version of this program work with the program I downloaded?
> > >
> > How should we know? Try it and find out.
> >

> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10197
>
> Says the released game is rated gold with Wine 1.2.3, which is a version
> that is over six months old.
>
> It is up to Wine Users to keep the Applications Database current.  We,
> as fellow Wine Users, cannot do this for everyone.  If we have
> 'favorite' programs, then we can update those.
>
> James

1.2.3 runs it... 1.3.5 is what I use to run it.  From 1.3.15 up through about 1.3.20 the mouse was totally hosed.  It works decently now, but there are minor graphical problems, and still some slight mouse issues that are annoying.  1.3.25 killed sound working at all on CoreAudio (only affects mac OS X) and I haven't tested 1.3.26 yet... but since 1.3.15 its basically been pretty bad, so I've stuck with 1.3.5 just for this game simply because it runs almost 100% right.