[Wine] Best Wine Front-End

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 18:13:17 CDT 2011

On 8/7/11 3:58 PM, DanKegel wrote:
> The games support in Winetricks is really trying to bring
> easy game installation to vanilla wine.  It doesn't install
> its own versions of Wine, like POL does.  So it's closer
> to being supportable here... though since it doesn't have
> too many games yet, it's kind of a moot point.

That is true Dan.

Winetricks don't modify or patch Wine's code.  However, the Wine project
cannot support winetricks or any other third party add-on.  POL patches
wine code with patches that have not been approved by the Wine Project
and other changes.  Winebottler (a product for the Mac operating system)
pulled in native dlls and such.  Don't know about WineSkin, but it is
also a product for the Mac Operating System.

Again, the question is, why does the original poster want/desire to use
a product that we don't support and has been reported to have little or
no support in the past?

James