[Wine] Re: not able see wine in Applications<System tools

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 8 07:36:40 CDT 2011

hemanthkm wrote:
> hi,
> i installed wine in my RHEL 4 by downloading the source. ./configure and make install command was successful.but, now,i m not able to see the wine in applications<system tools.

That's normal. Plain Wine doesn't add any menu entries for itself.

Wine is not a service. You are using the correct command to bring up the control panel. Read http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ for more information on how to install and run apps in Wine.

> I installed Lotus notes.installation successful.but its not coming in full window.
>
> i am using wine 1.2.3 with RHEL 4

That Wine version is old; try upgrading to the latest development release. If that doesn't help, post terminal output.