[Wine] Wine API?

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:55:58 CDT 2011

Wine implements StgOpenStorageEx
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa380342%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)
and other related API functions for accessing compound binary files.
However, to use Wine for this, you must use winelib, and this is
probably impractical. I would guess that extracting the storage code
and removing the Windows API dependencies is also impractical.

The format of structured storage files is publicly documented and
fairly simple (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd942138%28v=prot.13%29.aspx),
so rolling your own solution is possible, though not ideal. I was
hoping there'd be some open source library for this, but all I can
find is OpenMCDF (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmcdf/) which
relies on .NET.