[Wine] Help: Running Linkrealms

johnmatthais wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 11 18:11:40 CDT 2011

www.linkrealms.com

I have been trying, with no luck at all, to get Linkrealms to run. I've seen that people have gotten it to run successfully in the past, one even on Ubuntu 10.10 (I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 due to dual-booting with Mac and reading about 10.10 and up conflicting with rEFIt and Mac somehow), but I cannot get it to work.

I've tried Crossover Games and PlayOnMac on Mac OSX, both of which came up crashing right after the news window, and never making it to the login screen.

Then I installed this Ubuntu 10.04 distro and Wine 1.2 and am having the exact same issue. I decided to open the built in bug catcher's (which somehow works) report this time, which says that there's an excetption in wined3d.dll that's occurring.

I've tried all of these today, and cannot for the life of me figure out why nothing will work. If anyone can help me out at all, I would be very grateful.

- Matt