[Wine] Poor: Installing champions online (improved)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 20:27:27 CDT 2011

On 8/11/11 5:19 PM, bat394 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot seem to be able to install champions online no matter what.
>
> I have tried installing it with wine bottler, wine skin, crossover, and crossover games, and every time the same thing happens: a window pops up saying program error, an error has occurred. This happens when the champions online starts installing. It is driving me insane.
We do not and cannot support third party applications like WineBottler,
WineSkin and we certainly do not provide support for CrossOver (all have
their own support fora).

Now onto the real problem.  You need to find and install just the base
Wine product as dimensio has suggested.  I recommend using either
MacPorts, Fink or the osxwinebuilder script (it is updated for each Wine
release) and install the development version of Wine.

Next, run the Installer from Terminal (Applications folder -> Utilities
folder -> Terminal) and capture a logging file.  The FAQ has
instructions on how to do both processes.  Post the logging file to a
site like pastebin.com.

Next question:  Is there a demo where the problem can be recreated?

James