[Wine] Re: # fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA flags 0x00000007 not ha

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 12 08:41:47 CDT 2011

Dwade09 wrote:
> I have tried different settings in wine, I am running wine 1.2.2 i ran the game before in wine a year ago and it ran just fine with no issues, the game is called star trek bridge commander any ways i am running ubuntu 10.10. and was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue thank you so much.

I was about to suggest something regarding your X-server's inability to switch from 32 to 16 bit, but it seems you've fixed that.  I'm curious what you did to accomplish that.

Anyhow, the game you're trying to play has an appdb entry here:  http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2877

and has the following suggestion:

> If you have problems with Sound try the set Audio Quality to High: For this open options.cfg in a Text editor and change ProviderReserveList=LowQualitySoftware to ProviderReserveList=HighQualitySoftware

Maybe that helps?