[Wine] Re: how 2 download WINE thru windows (no linux modem yet)

christmasangel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 13 17:24:06 CDT 2011

Jorl and DeMesio,thank you

We already downloaded via windows, the deb files for the modem in question...

But its the JUNO that is a pain in the tuckus. We tried it in an older version of Suse and finally got online, only to see an error page for Juno stating "your connectivity is limited" ie you cant get past this page. They incredibly "support" Linspire the deceased Linux...derrr. But someone says it shouldnt need to be "supported" at all, and that all normal dialup services should theoretically work with Linux.

Its the forced DIALER in Juno that we want wine to impersonate windows with, to get online with Juno.Not the modem.

 [Crying or Very sad]