[Wine] rome directx?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 17:46:51 CDT 2011

On 8/13/11 3:30 PM, Folkert wrote:
> dear people, first of all I am a newbie when it comes to ubuntu, wine and everything, so this is a disclaimer in the very probable case that I ask a stupid question.
>
> The issue is this: I installed Rome Total war +barbarian invasion, which goes smoothly, when I start however the program asks for directx 9. what to do?
Did you read through the Rome: Total War Applications Database entry
which is here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=3083
????

Please do so.  There is an entry on how to get DirectX to work
properly.  Also, you may have to start over with a Fresh or New
Wineprefix.  How to do this is in the FAQ (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ).

James