[Wine] Game: Bounty Hounds Online stuck at start

sxe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 14 08:23:57 CDT 2011

Hi,
i tried getting the game "Bounty Hounds Online" to run but without luck.

The game launcher needs .NET and starts the main BHO.exe after updating the game files. The game itself needs vcrun2008 to start so i installed both with winetricks.

The launcher seems to work ok. The game gets the latest update files but when starting the game it gets stuck with a black screen and nothing happens. (Even if i start the game without the launcher)

Here is the log file:
http://paste.kde.org/109453/raw/

The alsa errors don't to anything harmful, i think, cause they appear on other wine prefixes too without anything bad happening.

Beside that only this "err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded" error messages appear. Someone in wine irc chat told me that somewhere a patch to avoid these was posted but i cannot find anything about it.

Here is an other log with tid and sed enabled:
http://paste.kde.org/109465/raw/

System Details:
CPU: Intel i7 quadcore
Gfx: Nvidia Gforce 275 GTX
Gfx driver: 280.13
RAM: 8 GB

Would be great when anyone can tell me what to do next.

-- Andy