[Wine] Game quits right after starting. HELP!

Tauqua wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 14 13:55:16 CDT 2011

Hey!

First of all, I am new to Wine, so your patience is appreciated.  :D
I am trying to play the game 911: First Responders on my Mac (the game requires Windows) using Wine and so far I am having no luck.  The game does require DirectX to play and I was reading something that says that Wine comes with DirectX (or something like that, it didn't make much sense to me...).  Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could give me a quick tutorial on how to get this game working on Wine. I am completely lost!

Thanks!
Dan