[Wine] Strange WoW behavior - unresponsive -> disconnect

Tristan Champomier comendatore at comendatore.net
Sat Aug 13 19:32:23 CDT 2011

Le Sunday 14 August 2011 01:31:27, jjmckenzie a écrit :
> doumakes wrote:
> > I'm encountering a strange new behavior from WoW.  I'm able to start the
> > game, login, and enter the game world.  Then, either immediately or
> > after hours of play, the environment suddenly becomes unresponsive.  My
> > toon is able to move around, but NPCs do nothing when clicked, chat
> > traffic vanishes, the Logout and Exit Game buttons do nothing, etc.  If
> > I wait long enough, I get a "Disconnected from server" error.  Happens
> > on all toons and on all realms where I have characters.  There isn't a
> > network issue, and rebooting my Ubuntu system has no effect.
> >
> > First time I saw this was the day of the 3.3 patch, which also happens to
> > be when I upgraded wine.  I couldn't get back in all day, then came back
> > the following day and was able to get in.  Second time was yesterday; I
> > came back after the maintenance outage today and the problem was gone.
> > Third time is now.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing similar behavior?
Not a wine bug or issue. Since last patch many players have similars problems
of disconections from servers, either Wine emulation or Windows OS used.
I'm MT and yesterday evening, in middle of raid, while we were at ending boss,
i got a server disconnection, it broken my ui at relog, lost raid ui, etc.,
same thing happened to one of our healers during whole raid...  Issue seems
from Wow, not wine.

Cheers ;-)