[Wine] Re: how 2 download WINE thru windows (no linux modem yet)

Imogen123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 15 21:17:17 CDT 2011

I have my Pulseaudio works perfectly with the wine (which I can manage my music player, while some wines of the application is running, and no, I have hardware mixing).

I just use alsa-oss (the package name in Ubuntu). Its 32-bit, but I just extracted lib32 in my Intrepid 64-bit Ubuntu install. So when I run my application, I start with: -

AOSS wine executable.exe <any_options>

And I left the OSS in winecfg. Pulse plays much better with ALSA to OSS, and aoss allows the wine to believe that its got full control of the stereo.

An alternative is to use Jack, but the set up to work with Pulse is a headache, but I did too. Without dividends, though, unless you're already running JACK constantly.