[Wine] Re: copy of the .wine directory

LadGalen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 17 02:34:20 CDT 2011

I deleted my .wine, next I run winecfg in order to create .wine directory and then I just copy paste the program files directory from my old ubuntu .wine directory into the new fedora .wine directory.

The error message

wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe"

deasapear.

But warcraft 3 still not work. Without opengl it is too slow (very slow, unplayable) and there is a lot of line such as :

err:d3d:loadVertexData >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glVertexPointer(...) @ state.c / 4346

with -opengl option the speed seems to be good but all button are transparent. Thus I will reinstall it.

What is the best procedure about wine when you change your computer ? Do you must install all program you had on your old computer ?

Thanks for your help