[Wine] Re: powder cell

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 17 08:01:47 CDT 2011

Okay, I downloaded the file. The installer, pcw23.exe, does crash for me, with a full backtrace. Luckily, the installer is just a WinZip self-extracting file. I was able to unzip it with the unzip command. However, I'm on Linux; I don't know if the command is the same on a Mac, so you'll have to figure out that part yourself. Once unzipped, it appears the program (Pcw.exe) can just be run without needing to be installed.

Luana wrote:

> Code:
> wine pcw
>
>  doesn't work for me.

The exe is Pcw.exe, not pcw.exe, and you need to type the full filename when running with Wine:

Code:
wine Pcw.exe

You also need to cd to the directory where the exe is located before running it or it will immediately shut down.

Two things: I am using Wine 1.3.26, and I ran it in an emulated virtual desktop (Graphics tab in winecfg). Try one or both.