[Wine] Regression help

jwong wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 17 14:31:27 CDT 2011

I am having problems getting my app to run under wine-git so that I may perform my regression.

Here is the output when I run wine-git/wine:

Code:
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
[...]
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-ai.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-avi.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-bmp.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-chm.xml
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
wine: Unhandled exception 0x40000015 at address 0x525bd9 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_association_entry error writing association file "/Users/jason/.local/share/applications/wine-extension-chm.desktop"
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-cpl.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-css.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-dib.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-dll.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-eps.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-gif.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_association_entry error writing association file "/Users/jason/.local/share/applications/wine-extension-gif.desktop"
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_mime_type_entry error writing file /Users/jason/.local/share/mime/packages/x-wine-extension-gz.xml
err:menubuilder:write_freedesktop_association_entry error writing association file "/Users/jason/.local/share/applications/wine-extension-hlp.desktop"
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

I presume this is because I do not have the font libraries loaded for wine-git. Under normal Wine directory everything works fine. I verified the font type libraries are loaded via macports. So the question is how do I get wine-got to find the font libs? Or how do I download the font libs into wine-git? Or I am completely looking at the wrong thing and my application isnt running for some other reason?

Thanks