[Wine] Re: Regression help

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 17 21:15:07 CDT 2011

So what I'm reading from this.. the others seem to maybe have misunderstood... is that you are trying to compile Wine by hand now because you are doing regression testing which you cannot do ... not because this error your seeing is a regression.

Since you built with Macports before... you cannot build the same way, and just trying to compile like normal, what you see is going to happen because it doesn't know where to find the right libraries...  you'll have to set some variables before building so it knows what to do.

I think this will work for you... or might need to be slightly modified.  I'm guessing on this because i do Wine builds through the stuff I have set up in Wineskin... so I haven't actually tested doing this in a looong time.  You might not need to set the gcc/g++ compiler versions and let it use default as well...  If you are not using XQuartz built in Macports oyu might have to add some stuff for that path as well, this is assuming you've built everything else Wine needs in Macports (which you should of if you ever installed Wine in Macports)

Code:

export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/local/lib"
export CC="gcc-4.2"
export CXX="g++-4.2"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include"
export CFLAGS="-arch i386 -m32 -O2 ${CPPFLAGS}"
export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib"

after those settings, try to build Wine from scratch again like normal... where it installs by default into /usr/local then you can run it from there instead of the /opt/local version that Macports installed.