[Wine] Program-specific settings have no effect

Dainius (GreatEmerald) pastas4 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:28:32 CDT 2011

Another problem that I have with Wine that I didn't seem to have
before is that if I add a program into the Programs tab in winecfg and
then change the settings for that program, Wine still uses the global
settings. I tested several settings, and all of them seem to be set to
the global values instead of the program-specific ones. The most
obvious setting is virtual desktop - if I enable it in the global
settings, and disable it in the program settings, the program is still
launched in a virtual desktop. It works the other way round as well.
Using different prefixes is a possible workaround for this, but they
are not very convenient. Any ideas about what could be causing that
kind of behaviour?

Using openSUSE 11.4 x86_64 with KDE, Wine64 1.3.26.