[Wine] Re: mmdevapi changes

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 19 14:05:33 CDT 2011

I've done further testing with many Wine versions... I still cannot get crash logs... I let it set at a crash for about 30 minutes and it still never did anything but hang.  I pretty much figure things out as I go, so since its not something I ever messed with, I really don't know much about them.

What I have found is that on STO...

with mmdevapi disabled, sound works fine on all Wine versions 1.1.40 up to 1.3.24 and sound stops working on 1.3.25.

with mmdevapi enabled, sound doesn't work, until 1.3.18 then it actually works... but starting on 1.3.19 the crash actually starts happening... I only noticed it on 25 and 26 because I never needed to enable mmdevapi until those versions.  so the crash difference is definitely happening between 1.3.18 and 1.3.19.... so I might have to do a regression test.