[Wine] Re: Heroes VI on Wine

yellius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 20 08:46:09 CDT 2011

I have installed the Heroes VI demo from fileplanet on:
Ubuntu 11.04 (natty)
Wine 1.2.2-0ubuntu6
AMD Phenom II X4
EVGA nVidia GTX-460

and later installed wine 1.3.15-0ubuntu5, however both versions give the following error dialog:
title: "Dynasty startup error"
message: "No able video adapters found to run the game!"

This is cross-posted on the heroes forum:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&f=5861060878&m=4851038829

When running from the terminal this is the output:
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=3): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=1): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=0): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=2): stub
fixme:imm:ImmDisableIME (-1): stub
fixme:gameux:GameExplorerImpl_VerifyAccess (0x165228, L"C:\\Program Files\\Might & Magic Heroes VI - Game Official Demo\\Might & Magic Heroes VI.exe", 0x32ecd8)
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x334d200,0x00000000), stub!

The last error looks relevant. Let me know if there is more I can try.

Cheers,
 yellius