[Wine] Re: Programs and games cannot run with Wine

tingxyu1996 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 20 09:36:19 CDT 2011

dimesio wrote:

> tingxyu1996 wrote:
> > Hello and I am new Ubuntu user! I got a problem about Wine.
> >
> > After I installed a Windows game with Wine. I can't run it! I double click the game/software or run through the wine(At the top of the screen Applications > Wine), nothing comes out.
> >
> > Anyone who can help me please? Thank you!
> >
> > Here's the video that what I'm asking about:
> > Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UomoboxmAU
>
> In the future don't waste time and bandwidth by posting videos of a busy cursor that then stops. The people who regularly help out here are all literate.
>
> What you do need to post is what Wine version you are using; if it's not the latest development release (currently 1.3.26), upgrade and try again. If the problem still happens in the latest development release, run the app from a terminal and post whatever messages appear. If the console output is long, use a site like pastebin and post a link here. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

Okay, I tried the command that you gave me the website, an error message came out in the terminal:

Code:
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\plugplay.exe"
err:module:import_dll Library MSVBVM60.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Counter-Strike 1.6\\cstrike.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Counter-Strike 1.6\\cstrike.exe" failed, status c0000135

How can I fix the problem now?