[Wine] Re: How do I update the latest wine?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 20 22:21:50 CDT 2011

Wineexperiments187 wrote:

> this is what I type in:sudo apt-get build-dep wine 1.3.26

I don't use Ubuntu, so I'm not really sure how "the Ubuntu way" works, but the instructions on http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit say the command is

Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep wine1.3

so I would try entering that.

> Now im pretty sure the reason its doing this is because I haven't Unpacked the Wine source code correctly.

Or it's because you've been entering the above command incorrectly.

> What would Be the correct command line for me to Unpack the Tar file?

I usually just right-click on the file in my file manager and select "Extract here, autodetect subfolder." That's in KDE, but I imagine Gnome can do something similar.